A blog intended for, and often written by, my middle school students, as well as anyone interested in the fascinating potential of 3D printing and the process of getting there. Click the "Our BPC Story" blog label to learn more about our Maker Club journey.
Friday, March 13, 2015
Our New Cube Take #4
Our new cube recently started malfunctioning again. We saw that filament was coming out at 1.52mm instead of something closer to .4mm. Luckily we still had our old Cube that we have yet to return (oops) - that one has a malfunctioning control board. Since the extruder on that old Cube still worked we thought why don't we try to replace our new cube's extruder.
We took this project to our after school 6th grade 3D printing club. Where we started, trying to figure out how to get the extruders off. As it turns out the extruder is only attached by 2 screws that we could easily take off. We took off both extruders 1 from each cube 2 and swapped them to create a FrankenCube. We tested it out and it worked.